The Spring 2018 Extracurricular registration process is upon us!!! So many fun-filled after school activities for your child to participate in this fall. Karate, art, science, robotics and much, much more.The catalog is organized by school and programs are different at each school. All programs will start immediately after dismissal but the length of the classes and days on which they are held vary so please read through carefully. We look forward to a great season.
Important things to remember:
Make sure your HPTA membership has been renewed prior to March 14th for ease of registration.
Early Bird registration starts Wednesday, March 14th at 9:00PM - for HPTA members only!
What is Early Bird Registration?? As an HPTA member, you get to enjoy registering 1 week before non-members and you get a $20 discount on most of the classes offered.
Not a member - Regular registration starts on Wednesday, March 21st at 10:00AM.
Classes fill up FAST (some within 5 minutes after the opening) so don’t miss out.
Kindergarten WILL BE eligible for select Spring classes.
Information about the Registration Process:
IMPORTANT: In order to streamline the process, please go to your profile page and complete the requested information for each student participating in extracurricular. This is NEW as of this session.
When it is time to register, go to "My Account". There you will see a form for each of your eligible children under "New Forms".
Once you have added a class to your cart, it will hold that class for you for a few minutes so you can add classes from other forms before checking out.
Important Extracurricular Policies:
- All registrations requested after the registration deadline must be sent to email@example.com, are subject to a $50 late fee, will be reviewed by March 29th and are NOT guaranteed placement.
- If the HPTA cancels a class due to low enrollment you will receive a full refund or you will have the option of switching to another open class.
- No other refunds given except for medical issues. Medical refunds will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Refunds will be processed within 2 weeks after the start of class. Refunds will be made in the manner payment was made.
- Refunds will not be issued for individual classes cancelled due to inclement weather, illness, or other extenuating circumstances. Makeup classes will be offered whenever possible based on class space and instructor availability, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Prompt pick-up is required for participation in HPTA extracurricular classes. On the first occasion of pick-up occurring 15 or more minutes late, a warning will be given. An additional late pick-up will result in the child being withdrawn from the class, without refund, and the child will not be permitted to register for the following session of extracurricular classes.
- Extracurricular Discipline Policy: All children are expected to cooperate with the instructors and other children. Any child who is considered disruptive may be asked to leave after a conference with parents. The HPTA reserves the right to cancel enrollment, with no refunds, at any time due to disruptive behavior as determined by the instructor and HPTA.
- Financial Assistance: A limited number of full and partial scholarships are available each session. These scholarships are limited by the budget funds available. To apply for financial assistance, please contact the principal at your child’s school three days before registration opens. All requests are strictly confidential.
- 1:1 Aide Assistance is now available for those requiring it to participate in the activity. All arrangements are to be made with the principal of the school. HPTA will be providing the funding for the aides on a first come basis.
- NOTES FROM HOME: NFH will NOT be required at Center going forward but will be required at Hopkins and Elmwood. Instead - the rosters that are submitted by each school’s extracurricular coordinator will stand as your permission that your child will be held after school on the dates of the class they are enrolled in. Please send in a note to the school:
- if your child will not be attending their regularly scheduled class or
- if child will go home with somebody other than the authorized pick up person.
Notes From Home Can Be Downloaded HERE.
You can purchase pads of Notes from Home from HPTA VP's or by emailing President@HPTAOnline.com