The Spring 2019 Extracurricular registration process is upon us!!! So many fun-filled after school activities for your child to participate in this spring. Karate, art, science, robotics and much, much more. The catalog is organized by school and programs are different at each school. All programs will start immediately after dismissal but the length of the classes and days on which they are held vary so please read through carefully. We look forward to a great season.
Important things to remember:
Make sure your HPTA membership has been renewed prior to March 7th for ease of registration.
Early Bird registration starts Thursday, March 7th at 9:00 PM - for HPTA members only!
What is Early Bird Registration?? As an HPTA member, you get to enjoy registering 1 week before non-members and you get a $20 discount on most of the classes offered.
Not a member - Regular registration starts on Wednesday, March 13th at 10:00 AM.
Classes fill up FAST (some within 5 minutes after the opening) so don’t miss out.
Information about the Registration Process:
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you have added ALL your students to your family information including grade level. This information MUST be input in order to view the extracurricular registration forms as they present by grade level.
- When it is time to register, go to "My Account". There you will see a form for each of your eligible children under "New Forms". These forms are not visible until 9 pm March 7. This process sometimes takes 3-5mins, refresh your page until they appear.
- Once you have added a class to your cart, it will hold that class for you for 10 minutes so you can add classes from other forms before checking out.
- In the case a class is full and 'Sold Out', consider using the New Waitlist Procedure at the bottom of the Programs/Classes page.
- NEW WAITLIST PROCESS: If you find that the class that you desire is full and would like to add your child to the wait list you can do so by scrolling to the bottom of your screen to the "New Waitlist Procedure" for the instructions. At the very bottom of the screen you will see a line item "Add Class To Waitlist" - change the qty to "1" at this points fields will open up to fill in your requests.
Important Extracurricular Policies:
- Registration ends March 22nd at 11:59pm. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.
- If the HPTA cancels a class due to low enrollment you will receive a full refund or you will have the option of switching to another open class.
- No other refunds given except for medical issues. Medical refunds will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Refunds will be processed within 2 weeks after the start of class. Refunds will be made in the manner payment was made.
- Refunds will not be issued for individual classes cancelled due to inclement weather, illness, or other extenuating circumstances. Makeup classes will be offered whenever possible based on class space and instructor availability, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Prompt pick-up is required for participation in HPTA extracurricular classes. On the first occasion of pick-up occurring 15 or more minutes late, a warning will be given. An additional late pick-up will result in the child being withdrawn from the class, without refund, and the child will not be permitted to register for the following session of extracurricular classes.
- Extracurricular Discipline Policy: All children are expected to cooperate with the instructors and other children. Any child who is considered disruptive may be asked to leave after a conference with parents. The HPTA reserves the right to cancel enrollment, with no refunds, at any time due to disruptive behavior as determined by the instructor and HPTA.
- Financial Assistance: A limited number of full and partial scholarships are available each session. These scholarships are limited by the budget funds available. To apply for financial assistance, please contact the principal at your child’s school three days before registration opens. All requests are strictly confidential.
- 1:1 Aide Assistance is now available for those requiring it to participate in the activity. All arrangements are to be made with the principal of the school. HPTA will be providing the funding for the aides on a first come basis.
- Important Note for Marathon Classes: Dismissal times may be extended by 15 minutes for some classes at Marathon. The staff and administration are still adjusting to their new home and their new dismissal procedures. All will be finalized by next week.
- NOTES FROM HOME: NFH will NOT be required at Marathon going forward but will be required at Hopkins and Elmwood. Instead - the rosters that are submitted by each school’s extracurricular coordinator will stand as your permission that your child will be held after school on the dates of the class they are enrolled in. Please send in a note to the school:
- if your child will not be attending their regularly scheduled class or
- if child will go home with somebody other than the authorized pick up person.
You can purchase pads of Notes from Home from HPTA VP's or by emailing President@HPTAOnline.com